The Police Department lobby hours are Monday-Thursday (7:30 AM-5:00PM) and Friday, (8:00 AM-12:00PM)
Non-Emergency: (207) 829-6391
fax: (207) 829-4214
290 Tuttle Road
Cumberland, ME 04021
Joe Charron: Police Chief
Milt Calder: Police Lieutenant
Jean Duchesneau: Administrative Assistant
- CodeRED Rapid Emergency Notification System
- It is Maine Law……………………….
- Leave a Crime Tip for Authorities
- Casco Bay Can
- Maine Teen Drivers Website
- Social Host Laws – Tips for parents to hold a youth party safely. You Tube Video
- Prescription Drug Safety Tips You Tube Video
- Together – WE CAN! You Tube Video
- Bath Salts – 12/12/2011 Presentation to the Cumberland Town Council by Officer Ryan Martin
- Under the Magnifying Glass – A Dissection of Hate Crime
- Winter Parking Policy
- Alarm Systems Ordinance & Application
- Mooring Permit Application
- Mooring Specifications
A Message From Chief Charron:
The Cumberland Police Department is dedicated to providing to the highest degree professional law enforcement services to the citizens of Cumberland. Our main mission and purpose is to safeguard life, preserve peace, and to enforce all state laws and town ordinances fairly and equally with due regard to the rights of all its citizens.
A major component of the services the department provides is drug and safety education with focus towards the young members of our community within the school district. We began the D.A.R.E. ( DRUG ABUSE RESISTANCE EDUCATION ) program in 1992 at the fifth grade level. We made a commitment then to expand our educational programs into every grade level within the school district. We are now providing such lessons as personal safety, drug awareness, violence and conflict resolution just to name a few, in all schools within the district.
Our commitment to providing education and service to our school system is not only essential to a healthier and safer educational experience, but furthermore serves as the foundation for police and community relations in the future.
posted May 20th Main Street Traffic Restricted During Memorial Day Festivities.
posted May 20th Memorial Day Parade
posted May 17th Spring Bulky Item Pickup
posted May 12th Town Council Meeting, Monday, May 11th
posted May 7th