Birth & Death Certificates
The fee for a certified copy of a birth/death/marriage certificate is $15.00 for the first copy and $6.00 for a second copy. You may also request a copy of any Vital Record on line through www.maine.gov or Vital Check at www.vitalcheck.com An additional fee is charged by Vital Check for this service.
Birth Certificates may be obtained from:
1. The city or town in which the child was born
2. The city or town in which the mother was living at the time of the birth, or
3. The State Department of Vital Statistics located in Augusta, ME.
Certified copies of birth certificates can be issued to the child or child’s parents.
Birth records can be requested in writing through the mail by indicating the child’s full birth name, date of birth, and parents full name(s).
Send your request, along with a check payable to the Town of Cumberland to:
Town Clerk’s Office
290 Tuttle Road
Cumberland, ME 04021
Your request will be processed the same day it is received.
The fee to obtain a burial permit is now $20.00.
Death Certificates may be obtained from:
1. The city or town in the municipality where the person passed away
2. The city/town hall of the place of residence of the deceased
3. The Bureau of Vital Statistics in Augusta.
Death Certificates may be issued to anyone who has a legitimate interest in the decedent.
posted Nov 20th Ocean Access Committee Documents
posted Nov 19th Town Council Meeting Monday, November 10th
posted Nov 6th Land Use Survey Update
posted Nov 4th Election Results
posted Nov 3rd